Anita

Although I know it wasn't today that you left us, it was today that I found out, and I'm devastated. But rather than talk about my sadness at learning of your death, I'll share who I knew you to be.

You were conscientious. If there was a cause for good, you were certainly backing it, and with all your might. You employed all your talents to its support: you wrote persuasively in favor of that good cause; you knitted for it; you showed up.

You were intelligent and talented. You educated your only daughter at home, an amazing woman who clearly blossomed under that tender care and attention. Your knitting talent not only created beautiful garments, but gave you and others solace and joy. Your writing inspired, entertained, and educated all who read what you shared.

You were thoughtful and kind. You shared with Sophie a meaningful gift that we will keep until she has a child (if she chooses to): a special set of toys that belonged to your only child. When I was in pain, you shared your open heart and comfort. When I achieved something new, you celebrated with me. You shared your experience raising your daughter when I most needed such stories, because you could tell it was time.

We were birthday twins. This isn't a big thing, but it bonded us early on and I was always happy to share that day with you.

Anita, I miss you. I hope your last days were spent in as much beauty and peace and calm as one could ever experience at such a time. I wish I could have had one more conversation. I hope your daughter and husband find peace in the memories of who you were. You were here, and we loved you.

Comments

  1. So blessed was she, to befriend a woman like you. It's clear that it's a reflection you shine back at her. Sorry for your loss, she sounds to have been a wonderful soul. XOXO Lisa D.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment